1: Hi
Posted by David Herbert on

I'm David Herbert and have lived in the village since 1993 when I moved here after marrying Sue. I'm a member of the Parish Council and I'm leading the community involvement in getting better broadband provision, where the knowledge from my job as an aerospace communications designer comes in useful.

Outside of the village I used to be a Cave Rescue voulenteer and have trained cavers for Outdoor Persuit companies and Scouts for 30 years. I have been heavily involved in the Young Farmers organisation spending 3 years as East Midlands Area President and 3 years as National Deputy President. I continue to be a Vice-President of the Northamptonshire Federation of Young Farmers Clubs to this day and Vice-President of the Kelmarsh club.

I'm a firm believer that you get more out of life by helping others.

Come on, tell us something about you that not many people know Smile

2: Re: Family History. (response to 1)
Posted by Deleted User on

Hi David, I'm trying to catch upon my family history from 50 years ago and I wondered if any body could help me. My grandmother name as I knew her was Gladis Bartram. She had 4 children. I believe they were called Sheila, Jean, Susan, Christopher, also the name Diane has been mentioned. When we was young we lived at the village nearby called West Haddon and use to catch in them days what was known as the old Midland red bus x96 from the village to the junction of the A428 Ravensthorpe junction, then walk down into the village and turn right into East Haddon road where I believe my nan lived in the 3rd or 5th council house along. Also was there once a school in the village as that as been mentioned but I can not find any references to it. 

Any information any person could pass on would be greatly appreciated as I hope to bring the family back to the village for a surprise reunion.

Thank you for your time Steve Martin.